Thursday, June 3, 2010

Garden and Flower Bed

So, after many days of work, the garden project is going strong. The veggie garden is currently planted with three varieties of tomatoes, five varieties of bell peppers (including lilac and chocolate), jalapenos (red and green), red chili peppers, eggplant, cucumber, buttercup squash, butternut squash, lemon basil and lavender. One small section of the flower garden adjacent to the house contains Italian parsley and sage.

I finally built the flower bed along the fence and planted this with zinnia, marigold, ageratum,
celosia and poppy. Hopefully they all grow and look amazing! I plan on cleaning up the rest of the flower beds along the side of the house and plant some more flowers and/or more veggies. Once things really start growing, I will post some more pictures. For now, this is what it looks like:
I can’t express how relaxing I find gardening. It is a lot of hard work, but I feel more alive than I have in a long, long time. I missed this more than I ever knew.

"Gardening is the purest of human pleasures." -- Francis Bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment