Monday, June 11, 2012

Permission

I give myself permission to be happy.
I give myself permission to be myself.
I give myself permission to do the things that scare me.
I give myself permission to live the life I am supposed to live.
I give myself permission to stop caring about what other people think.
I give myself permission to do the things I enjoy.
I give myself permission to follow my dreams.
I give myself permission to take chances.
I give myself permission to make mistakes.
I give myself permission to change the things needing to be changed.

Many times, if we really look at it, we are doing things other people want us to do. We are living the life other people want us to live. We are following the dreams of others. We care too much what other people think about our choices, our ideas, our dreams and our beliefs. We are afraid of what they think when we speak up or challenge an idea or do anything that may differ from the norm. Instead of living for ourself and finding our happiness, we do what we are supposed to do and feel what we are supposed to feel. Life doesn't have to be like this.

We are in control of ourselves, no more and no less. With the ability to only change our piece of reality, we have the choice to either do so or keep things as they are. We have the right to be who we are and do the things we want to do and follow our dreams and make mistakes and take chances and be happy. We have the right to live the life we are supposed to live. Will this make everyone around us happy? If it does, who cares? If it doesn't, who cares? If you are anything like me, it is time to stop living life trying to make everyone else happy and start figuring out how to live the life that will make you happy.

We are all creative and intelligent people who bring to this world a unique view as no one has ever had the same experiences we have. We have a lot to offer and it is imperative we offer it. All great things start with someone taking a chance, overcoming their fear and doing what they believe needs to be done. We learn from our mistakes and stop caring what everyone else thinks. We live our life in the way we believe is right. As we hit our waning years, we are going to look back on life and remember the things we did or didn't do, not what the people around us thought. I want to look back and smile, don't you?


No comments:

Post a Comment